A website builder is the best option to avoid high costs and unnecessary complexity.
Think about it – a developer usually charges around $100/h or more.
There are plenty of website builders out there and all have their pros and cons. So finally, it’ll be hard for you to choose the right one for your specific needs.
If you came across this article, you have probably already heard of Ucraft. It’s a website builder to create a simple website or an online store.
If you want to know whether it’s the right solution for you or your business, you’ve come to the right place. In this Ucraft review, we’re going to find out whether Ucraft gets the job done or not.
Let’s dive right in.
What is Ucraft?
Ucraft is a website builder with a variety of functionalities. You can build a simple business website, run a blog, or start an online store.
Like Squarespace, Ucraft attaches great importance to website design. They provide clean and modern templates that all emphasize images. Simply take a look at the template below:
Ucraft also offers a free logo maker. If you use this free logo maker, you can save another $50 on a freelance web designer.
If website design is especially important to you, Ucraft could be a good option for you to consider.
Yet, you cannot only create websites with Ucraft. You can also build an online store and sell physical or digital products. This functionality turns Ucraft from a normal website builder into an all-in-one solution.
How Much is Ucraft?
Ucraft comes with a free plan and three paid plans. They also offer a 14-day free trial.
Pricing depends on whether you go for a monthly or annual plan.
Ucraft pricing for annual plans:
- Pro website – $10 per month
- Pro shop – $21 per month
- Unlimited – $69 per month
Ucraft pricing for monthly plans:
- Pro website – $11,76 per month
- Pro shop – $24,7 per month
- Unlimited – $81,17 per month
Note: Pricing for monthly plans is calculated based on the 15% discount for annual plans.
With an annual plan, you’ll get a free custom domain for the first year and a 15% discount on all plans.
If you only want to build a simple website, it doesn’t matter which plan you choose. In this case, I would recommend going for the Pro Website Plan.
There are only differences when it comes to ecommerce functionalities.
You can list up to 15 products with the Pro Website Plan, up to 1000 with the Pro Shop Plan, and unlimited with the Unlimited Plan.
With the Pro Website Plan, you can only use Stripe and PayPal as payment service providers. With the more expensive plans, you can use over 50+ payment gateways.
You also can’t utilize the abandoned cart saver with the Pro Website Plan. Moreover, there are lots of restrictions when it comes to data management.
You should definitely check out all the differences between the paid plans here.
Ucraft Pros and Cons
Nothing is perfect, including Ucraft. Here are the main pros and cons:
In-Depth Ucraft Review
Ease of Use
Ucraft is extremely user friendly. Once you’ve signed up, you can choose between one of their beautiful templates and start building your website.
All templates are sorted by industry and come with industry-specific features and a clean layout.
When you’ve chosen a template, you can add other elements like contact forms, call-to-actions, or buttons to it and change the style of these elements.
However, keep in mind that Ucraft’s website builder doesn’t work like a typical drag-and-drop builder (for example like Instapage’s drag and drop builder). Ucraft’s website builder works section based which takes a little bit longer to understand.
Ucraft provides 63 Templates. Competitors like Wix offer more templates but 63 Templates is still totally fine.
All templates come 100% responsive, so you don’t need to create mobile versions of your pages manually.
Ucraft attaches great importance to website design. Their templates are all very clean and modern and let your background images shine.
Therefore, Ucraft could be a great option for you if you’re a photographer, designer, artist, or any other type of creative.
You should definitely check out Ucraft’s templates on your own.
Ucraft Landing Pages
A landing page is a standalone page that’s designed to capture lead data or to sell a product – depending on your goals.
Ucraft offers one of the best landing page builders in the industry.
First, you’ve to choose one of the ready-made templates:
Then, you can easily personalize your landing page:
Again, you can see how much Ucraft cares about the look of a website. All landing pages are clean and modern and make your images stand out.
The Ucraft builder “feels” great and everything works smoothly. It’s also nice that it’s a “what you see is what you get” editor – you’ll see directly what your website will look like when it goes live.
Ucraft Main Features
Ucraft is an all-in-one solution to build and manage your website or online store and therefore comes with a large feature. I’ll show you the main features in this section, but you should definitely check out all functionalities here.
- Website editor: I was very impressed by the variety of features of the website editor. You can create a multilingual website, collaborate with your team, edit HTML and CSS, create password-protected sites, embed forms to capture lead data, create a logo for your brand, and much more! Definitely check out all features here.
- Website designer: Ucraft offers 65 clean and modern templates. All templates are 100% responsive and customizable. There are also over 100 prebuilt blocks like forms, testimonial sections, FAQs, sliders, footers, and eCommerce storefronts. You can save customized blocks to reuse them on other sites, edit header and footer for all pages at once or only for individual pages, add effects to elements, and much more.
- Media: Inbuilt media library for your images and videos. Ucraft also partnered up with Unsplash and Nounproject, so you can easily add free stock images to your website without leaving Ucraft.
- Ecommerce: Yes – Ucraft also provides an inbuilt ecommerce functionality. You can sell digital and physical products. Ucraft provides 50+ payment gateways, 20+ shipping methods, and lots of advanced ecommerce features. Definitely check out all ecommerce features here.
- Integrations: Do you want to connect Ucraft with your third-party application? No problem, Ucraft provides plenty of integrations to leading software applications. You can also integrate your Ucraft website with any social network you’re in. For example, you can easily showcase your Instagram feed on your website. That’s especially great if you’re a photographer, designer, or any other type of creative. However, I’ve to mention that Ucraft doesn’t provide a wide variety of integrations – and also no integration with Zapier. It’s hard to say, but that’s a HUGE drawback of Ucraft. You may check out all available integrations here.
- Domains: You can get your domain from Ucraft directly, connect a domain from another provider, link multiple domains, and use one specific domain per language version of your website. Also, each domain is protected with a free SSL certificate.
- Blogging tool: Create, schedule, and publish blog posts. You can organize blog posts with categories and tags. Ucraft’s blogging tool provides an RSS feed, customizable URLs, a commenting system, and featured articles.
- SEO tool: You can edit the page title and meta description of each page. You can generate a sitemap, set up a robots.txt, set up redirects, customize URLs, set image alt-tags, and much more.
Ucraft’s customer support proved to be very helpful and knowledgeable. They provide 24/7 live support and you can reach them via chat or email. Usually, you’ll get a response within a few minutes when you use the live chat.
Furthermore, they provide two other sources to obtain help:
- FAQ: You can check out the frequently asked questions on Ucraft’s website.
- Help Center: Ucraft’s help center is packed with guides that describe exactly how to use Ucraft.
Although Ucraft’s support is good – they can solve your problem in most cases but they don’t go far and beyond – Ucraft doesn’t offer phone support at the moment.
I’ll get straight to the point. Ucraft is a GOOD option to build a website or an online store – but there are better ones.
Ucraft comes with plenty of features and benefits like multilingual websites and ecommerce functionalities – but I see the major drawback in the number of integrations they provide. It’s not suited for large online stores or complex websites.
However, if you can overlook the disadvantages of Ucraft – it’s a TOP option. It’s especially great for people who highly care about website design.
Ucraft offers a 14-day free trial without a credit card.