Creating a landing page and optimize it for conversions is hard work. You’ve to think about the design, the lead magnet, and other call-to-actions.
Then, you’ve to create everything, analyze the results, and optimize it.
Without the right tool, this will be very time-consuming. If you’ve to manage lots of landing pages, it’ll be nearly a full-time job.
And as we all know, time is money.
Yet, there’s a simple solution to this problem called Instapages.
If you want to know what Instapage is and how it can help you, you’ve come to the right place.
In this in-depth Instapage review, we’ll take a close look at all the features and find out whether it’s the right solution for you.
Let’s dive right in.
What is Instapage?
Instapage is a landing page builder to create high-converting landing pages with ease. Compared to other “drag-and-drop” builders, which often have lots of limitations, Instapage is a “real” drag-and-drop builder.
You can position elements on your pages as you want without any restrictions. This makes Instapage super easy to use.
However, Instapage is not only a landing page builder, it’s a tool to create, analyze, and optimize landing pages – so that you finally get more leads and make more sales. They provide an inbuilt analytics tool, A/B testing, a form builder, lots of integrations, and other useful features.
How Much Does Instapage Cost?
Instapage isn’t a low-budget solution. I, therefore, recommend Instapage for people or marketing teams who need to create a lot of landing pages. If you only want to build one or two landing pages, Instapage might not be the best-suited solution for you.
That being said, Instapage comes with two plans:
- $149 per month with annual billing
- $199 per month with monthly billing
- Custom pricing
- Enterprise SSO (Okta & OneLogin)
- 1:1 Ad-to-Page Personalization
- Real-Time Visual Collaboration
- Editable Global Blocks
- AMP Pages & Experiences
- Direct Lead-Bypass
- Audit Logs
- Guaranteed Uptime-Enterprise SLA
- Ad Spend Conversion Attribution
- Page Migration Services
- Dedicated Launch Specialist
- Customer Success Manager
- Custom Feature Implementation
You should definitely check out all the major differences between the two plans here.
Instapage Main Features
Instapage comes with a bunch of cool features to help you grow your business faster. You should definitely check out all Instapage features here. They created a great overview showing you nearly everything you need to know about the tool. Here are my personal highlights of Instapage:
- Great drag-and-drop builder: Instapage’s drag-and-drop builder is extremely easy to use and works much better than a conventional “website builder”. While most website builders work section based (you can only position and resize elements within defined sections), you can position elements everywhere you want with Instapage.
- Forms: You can create forms to capture email addresses and other lead data. It’s also possible to create multistep forms. You can also integrate forms with email marketing tools.
- Templates: Instapage has over 500 landing page templates built to turn visitors into customers. This is especially useful for beginners because Instapage’s templates are already optimized for conversions. Yet, you can customize all templates.
- Stock images: You can utilize Instapage’s inbuilt stock image library and choose between over 33 billion images.
- Analytics: I found it especially great that Instapages provides a heatmap to optimize your landing pages. There are also basic analytics features available and you can integrate Instapage with Google Ads, Google Analytics, and install the Facebook Pixel.
- Split testing: Instapage allows you to create and run split tests for your landing pages.
- Instablocks: Instablocks is a great feature – it allows you to create page sections and then copy these sections across all your landing pages so that you don’t have to create them again and again.
- AMP: AMP pages load faster on mobile devices.
- Ad Spend Conversion Attribution: You can integrate Instapage with Google Ads or Analytics and see costs per conversion.
These were only the most important features of Instapage in my opinion. You should definitely check out all features here.
Instapage Pros and Cons
An In-Depth Instapage Review
Instapage Landing Page Builder
If you want to create a landing page with Instapage, you need to use the Instapage landing page builder.
This landing page builder works differently than others. It’s a real drag-and-drop builder. Let me show you what this means exactly:
Most website builders work section based – you can only position and resize elements within a defined section.
Squarespace is an example of such a website builder.
With Instapage’s landing page builder, you can drag and drop elements without any restrictions.
Apart from that, the Instapage landing page builder works similar to most others. You can choose between different templates:
And then edit them:
Instapage landing pages come 100% responsive – you don’t need to create mobile versions manually.
Create Forms With Instapage
Every landing page needs a call-to-action to capture email addresses or other lead data. With Instapage, you can easily create different types of call-to-actions.
All you have to do is to click on the button “Form”:
Then, you can easily modify the form:
First of all, you can edit the style of the form. Instapage allows you to design the whole form and the button of it.
Second, by clicking on the SUBMIT button, you can select whether you want to redirect visitors to a specific landing page or offer them a freebie (for example a pdf file).
Furthermore, you can set up major integrations and create multistep forms:
- Instapage provides integrations to all necessary tools. It’s also possible to connect your third-party app via Zapier with Instapage. I think it’s best if you take a look at Instapage’s integrations by yourself.
- Multistep forms have the advantage that you can capture more lead data with it compared to normal forms.
Edit Mobile Versions of Landing Pages
Instapage comes 100% responsive, so you don’t need to create mobile versions of your pages. However, if you want, you can edit the mobile version Instapage created for you.
All you have to do is to switch from the desktop version to the mobile versions and start editing:
Create and run Split Tests
If you really want to optimize your landing pages, you need to run split tests with Instapage.
Instapage makes it incredibly easy to create different versions of one landing page and then test these versions against each other. You can also define the percentage of traffic that will be sent to each landing page version.
What you can’t do with Instapage is to test different parts like call-to-actions with only one landing page. You need to create alternative versions of a page and then only change the element you want to test.
You can set up conversion goals and track conversions directly within Instapage.
You can also see metrics for different variations of your landing pages:
You can also integrate Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, and more.
Since Instapage is a landing page builder to build LOTS OF landing pages, chances are high that you’re working with a team together – for example, let’s say you work for an agency. In this case, you can make use of Instapage’s visual collaboration tool.
You can leave comments on elements within landing pages – for example, you can leave a comment on a headline you want to change.
Another team member can answer your comment or make changes to the element, while all changes will be tracked.
Instablocks allow you to work way more efficiently. Instablocks are sections of a landing page you can use on multiple landing pages. If you make changes to them, the element will be updated globally.
AMP means Accelerated Mobile Pages. These pages typically load faster on mobile devices.
Basically, the faster a landing page loads, the higher the conversion rate – however, the problem is that most AMP pages look ugly (that’s actually the reason why they load faster).
With Instapage, you can enjoy a little benefit. You can create AMP pages with the normal Instapage landing page builder.
There are a few restrictions, but basically, you have the same options.
What are the Downsides?
Instapage’s feature set is great. The main downside is the price. The Business Plan (lowest plan) costs $149 per month if paid annually and $199 if paid monthly.
Competitors like Unbounce don’t provide such a large feature, but they are much cheaper. Unbounce starts at $72 per month with the annual plan.
Then, there are a few advanced features you can only utilize with the Enterprise Plan like Ad Spend Conversion Attribution or AMP Pages.
Apart from that, there’s nothing really wrong with Instapage. It’s a tool to create landing pages – and to create landing pages, it’s perfect.
To conclude this article, I want to share my personal thoughts with you.
Instapage is a powerful tool to create landing pages and optimize them for conversions – that’s a clear thing.
It’s not an All-in-One tool to run your entire online business but it offers A LOT of features specifically for landing page creation and optimization.
Yet, Instapage is not a low-budget solution. I think it’s only worth it if you want to create a lot of landing pages. If you only need one or two landing pages, Instapage might be too expensive for your needs.
However, Instapage is a top-notch solution for every professional marketer who needs to scale landing page creation.