Do you want to sell on Amazon and start with a massive competitive advantage?
Sure you do.
Selling on Amazon is GREAT. Yet, there are lots of hurdles that sellers have to face every day.
For example, other vendors might change the content of your listing and you can’t do anything about that.
How frustrating is that?
If you fail to master all these challenges properly, they will slow down the growth of your business for months.
Fortunately, Amazon provides a service to help you. Amazon Brand Registry.
In this post, you’ll learn how to benefit from Amazon Brand Registry, what you need to use it, and finally, how to apply for it.
Let’s dive right in.
What Is Amazon Brand Registry?
In fact, Amazon Brand Registry is a program to inform Amazon about which brands (trademarks) you own.
It’s just that simple.
If you enroll your brand, you’ll be able to report several forms of violations to Amazon.
- Intellectual property infringement
- Policy violations
- Vendors selling counterfeit products
- Sellers with false information about your brand
Furthermore, you’ve access to advanced marketing features like A+ Content or Amazon Storefronts.
Using A+ Content, you can add more media formats to your listing.
For example, you can include images to your product descriptions or upload a video to your listing.
Here’s how it looks like:
Amazon Storefronts allow you to list all your products in your own “store”.
Here’s an example of a storefront:
Perhaps you’ve seen something like this before, haven’t you?
What Are The Benefits?
Two major advantages come with Amazon Brand Registry:
- You can protect your intellectual property
- You can create a trustworthy experience for buyers
These are the two main benefits.
But, if you want to go one step further and really protect your business, you should try Helium 10’s operations tools.
Here’s a brief overview of them:
New product launches involve risks. Coupon fraudsters can buy up your whole inventory for free and you’ll lose all your inventory and money.
Inventory Protector prevents this worst-case scenario. Check it out here.
Alerts notifies you 24/7 if one of your competitors wants to hijack your listing. This allows you to react immediately and prevent yourself from losing a lot of sales and money. Check it out here.
If Amazon damages or loses your products, they’ve to refund you the money.
This process is usually quite time-consuming. Yet, Refund Genie makes it incredibly easy to get your money back fast.
I highly recommend checking out all Helium 10 tools here.
However, there are many more benefits to Amazon Brand Registry. Here’s everything important:
- You’ve more control over your product listing. You can configure the title, description, and image as you want.
- More security over the Amazon Buy Box.
- Make more sales.
- Get better customer feedback.
- You can use Headline Search Ads.
- You can apply for the Amazon Transparency Program.
- Access to Amazon Brand Analytics.
- Amazon’s Brand Registry program protects your listings from hijackers. If someone tries to hijack your product, you can contact the Brand Registry support team and they’ll remove the listing.
- You can easily search for infringements related to your brand using advanced research tools.
- Once you found an infringement, you can report it to Amazon. They’ll check it and initiate the right measures.
- Amazon provides an additional service to protect your brand.
- You can use A+ Content.
- You can create Amazon Storefronts.
Besides being able to protect your brand, one of the most important benefits is that you can add video content to your listing.
Video content can improve conversion rates by up to 144%.
Imagine if you had to choose between two products.
Which one would you choose?
The one with the video or the one without video?
For sure you will buy the one with the video.
Who Can Apply For Amazon Brand Registry?
The exact requirements differ by country. I highly recommend checking out all country-specific requirements here:
Regardless of the country, there are some basic requirements you always need to fulfill:
- You need an active registered trademark in the country you sell your products.
- The trademark must be in the form of a text-based mark or an image-based mark.
- You need to verify yourself as the owner of the brand.
- You need an Amazon seller account.
Here’s an example of a text-based and image-based mark:
If you don’t have a trademark yet, head over to this site and apply for one.
How To Apply For Amazon Brand Registry
Here’s what you need to do to register your brand:
Head over to Amazon’s Brand Registry site:
Click on “Sign in” and choose a country:
Sign in with your Amazon account:
Amazon now guides you through the following stages:
- Fill in your brand name.
- Choose trademark type, type in trademark number, and select registration office.
- Upload your brand logo.
- Upload product images, brand logos, packaging images and submit your online presence information.
- Fill out additional details such as manufacturing country or license details.
Once you’ve done all of this, you’ve to wait for the validation. This usually takes 2-10 days.
Amazon then sends a code to the registered trademark office (to the contact you’ve provided in your application).
What you have to do is to reach out to the registered trademark office and tell them that they have to forward this email back to you.
Once you received the email with the code, log in to the Amazon seller central, enter the respective Case ID and reply with an email including the code.
Check The Application Status
After all, you need to check whether Amazon approved your submission or not.
Here’s how to do that:
Check unique identifier
If you can see a unique identifier within your product listing (EAN, UPC), Amazon approved your submission.
On the other hand, if you see the Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN), your brand isn’t enrolled yet.
Try A+ Content
If you’re able to use A+ Content, it’s also safe that your brand is enrolled.
Amazon Brand Registration Help
You can call the Amazon Service Center and an account manager will tell you if your brand has been registered.
[VIDEO] How To Register Your Brand in Amazon’s Brand Registry
I recommend watching this short video by Dan Rodgers to learn more about the whole registration process:
Most Common Questions About Amazon Brand Registry
In the end, here are the most common questions about Amazon Brand Registry. If you don’t find your answer, tweet us @smartminded3.
Why did Amazon introduce Brand Registry?
For years, Amazon did not take action against intellectual property violations and vendors who sell counterfeit products.
Thus, there have been a lot of legal disputes between Amazon and some major brands.
Brand Registry is intended to work against this.
Can private label sellers apply for Amazon Brand Registry?
Yes, they can apply for Brand Registry since they meet the criteria mentioned above.
Do I need a trademark to enroll in Brand Registry?
Yes, you need an active registered trademark in the country you sell your products to enroll for Brand Registry.
Will Brand Registry allow me to control who can sell my products?
No, it doesn’t help you to control who sells your products. Brand Registry also doesn’t help you to control unauthorized resellers.
How long does Amazon Brand Registry take?
If you do everything correctly, Brand Registry should take about two weeks.
How to contact Amazon Brand Registry support?
You can use this link to contact the Amazon Brand Registry support team.
Is it worth enrolling in Amazon Brand Registry?
Yes, no matter what you sell on Amazon, it’s worth it. If you’re a brand owner you MUST apply for Brand Registry. The advantages that come with Brand Registry are so valuable that you don’t want to miss them.
Can I sell on Amazon without Brand Registry?
Sure, you can sell your products on Amazon without Brand Registry.
How much is Amazon Brand Registry?
Amazon Brand Registry doesn’t cost you anything. Yet, you need an active registered trademark which costs you $200 to $500.
How can I find out if a product is enrolled in Brand Registry?
There’s no official database to check that.
But if a product meets one of the following criteria, you can be sure that it’s enrolled for Amazon Brand Registry:
- A+ Content
- Headline Search Ads
- Video in listing
Can I enroll multiple Brands in Brand Registry?
Yes, you can enroll multiple Brands in Brand Registry.
How can I delete Amazon Brand Registry?
You have to contact the seller support to delete your entry.
To summarize what you’ve learned, here’re the most important things:
- Amazon Brand Registry helps you to protect your brand
- You can create a better customer experience
- It’s easy to apply for Brand Registry
- You need an active registered trademark in the country you sell your products
- You can use advanced marketing features like A+ Content or Headline Search Ads
- Amazon values your products more
- You can protect yourself from sellers who sell counterfeit products